The Max-Drive™ Pedal drive allows fast but smooth-and-easy pedal acceleration and stopping; whether travelling long distances between fishing spots or for nuanced kayak positioning while sneaking up on the big ones. Lightweight premium pedal power is at your back and call to hit every one of your secret spots and then get home quick against wind and tides.
The Max-Drive™ pedal system's fins smoothly and strongly propel and accelerate through either fresh or saltwater, no matter the currents.
- Quick-drop & go pedal system
- Fast, smooth & easy pedal acceleration or deceleration
- Ultra-lightweight at just 3.4 Kgs
- Corrosion-resistant components for saltwater
- Ergonomic maximum-comfort padded design is perfect for bare feet
- All-weather durable & maintenance free (resists wear from sand and other particles)
- Hands-free pedal drive a perfect choice for anglers, photographers and videographers
- 1x NextGen™ 11.5 Kayak
- 1x Max-Drive™ Fin Pedal Drive Unit
- 1x Luxury Vantage Aluminium Seat
- 1x 360° Adjustable Rod Holder
- 2x Built-in Rod Holders
- 1x 20 Inch Water Resistant Oval Storage Hatch
- 1x 11.5 Inch Rear Rectange Hatch
- 1x Hand Control Rudder System
- 6x Side Tracks
Limited Time Bonus Pack:
- 1x Lightweight Floatable Paddle
- 1x 4 Piece Traction Pad Package
- 1x Paddle Leash
The package does not include:
- The front foot rests
- The sliding storage hatch
- Additional traction pads
Why Buy From Us:
For 10 years, Kayaks2Fish has focused on one thing — allowing paddlers of any skill level to enjoy the thrill that comes from being surrounded by water and nature. The passion for kayaking, fishing and outdoors is what flows in our blood and we are passionate about bringing the products that are as good as, if not better, than the big brand stores at a price that doesn't break the bank.
- 10 years of industry experience
- Best value kayaks in Australia
- Parts and after-sales support
- 30 Days money-back guarantee
- Thousands of happy customers
- Hundreds of positive reviews online
- Brand: Kayaks2Fish
- Model: NextGen™ 11.5
- Material: HDPE
- Max Weight Capacity: 200 KG
- Max User Weight: 150 KG
- Hull Weight: 32 KG
- Hull + Fixtures Weight: 36 KG
- Length: 350 CM
- Width: 90 CM
- Height: 35 CM
- Warranty on Kayak Hull: 5 Year
- Warranty on Kayak Parts: 3 Month
Pedal Drive Specifications:
- Weight: 3.4 KG
- Avg Speed*: 4-5 KMH
- Direction: Forward Motion Only
- Warranty on Max-Drive™: 1 Year
- Kayaks colours may vary slightly than depicted in images due to hand mixing of colours.
- There may be slight differences in the design of the kayaks, as multiple moulds are used. These differences are minor and will not affect the performance or features of the kayak.
- The kayak weights are just approximate and can slightly vary.
- During the shipping process some kayaks may get compressed. This can be easily fixed by placing the kayak in the sun which will cause the plastic to expand to its original size.
- Due to the bulky nature of the product, there could be some scratches on the kayak when it is shipped to an address as it gets moved around in trucks and goes through various depots. These scratches are cosmetic only and won't impact the performance of the kayak.
- Always check local weather conditions and wear an approved life jacket when kayaking.
- Check your state/local Marine (boat) license requirement to operate canoe/kayak with a trolling motor prior to purchasing.
- The hatches featured on Kayaks2Fish kayaks are water-resistant not waterproof. Constant splashing or rain can cause the water to slowly come into the kayak.
- Any damage caused by the incorrect use of a kayak trolley is not covered under the manufacturer's warranty.
|Max Weight Capacity||200kg|
|Max User Weight||150kg|
|Hull + Fixtures Weight||36kg|
|Warranty(on Kayak Body)||5 Year|
|Warranty (on Kayak Parts)||3 Month|
How do I secure the seat on the kayak?
Here is a video outline of the installation process for the seat: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgb
Does the NextGen 11.5 come with a seat?
Yes, the NextGen 11 comes with the Vantage Aluminium seat as standard. It allows for more comfortable seating and keeps you dry as you sit off the deck.
Can I adjust the seat position in the NextGen 11.5 kayak?
Yes, the seat in the NextGen 11.5 Pedal Kayak is adjustable, allowing you to find a comfortable position.
Is the NextGen 11.5 compatible with a fish finder?
Yes, the NextGen 11.5 comes with a track rail system pre-installed to mount the fish finder and a transducer plate underneath to mount the transducer.
Do you have instructions on how to position a transducer for a fish finder on the NextGen 11.5?
Unfortunately, we don’t have instructions. However, the transducer is normally is zip-tied to the bash plate, the whole compartment fills with water so should not obstruct any transmission or reception. You need to unscrew the 4 screws holding the bash/mount plate, then zip tie the transducer to that plate. You then need to run the wiring up the hole which is located in front of the long hatch, then screw the transducer wiring into the fish finder. Please note: When installing the transducer please ensure the right orientation as if the transducer is upside down it will not work.
Is the NextGen 11.5 Pedal Kayak suitable for fishing?
Yes, the kayak is well-suited for fishing, offering stability, ample storage for fishing gear, and the ability to install accessories like rod holders and fish finders.
Can the kayak be used in both freshwater and saltwater environments?
Yes, the NextGen 11.5 Pedal Kayak is suitable for use in both freshwater lakes, rivers, and saltwater coastal areas.
Can the pedal drive be removed?
Yes, the pedal drive of the NextGen 11.5 Pedal Kayak is removable and you will need to use the Bagmat Pod and close the pedal drive slot.
What are the main advantages of the NextGen 11.5 kayak?
Hull entry point which makes electrical wiring much easier.
Adjustable Vantage aluminium seat as standard.
Comes in a package with a rudder and track system.
3.5 metres long and weighs ~36Kg.
Five-year warranty on the hull.
Ample Storage Space
Dedicated stand-up area that is purposely designed to provide increased balance when standing and comes standard with traction pads.
Trimaran hybrid hull which is much more stable than the V-shaped hull
Package comes with the MaxDrive as standard
Rudder system is very responsive and it allows kayak to make quick turns
Option to fit sliding storage stray under the seat
Hands-free pedal drive a perfect choice for anglers, photographers and videographers
Sail Mount ready
Can I use the kayak for overnight camping trips?
Yes, the kayak offers storage compartments where you can securely store your camping gear and supplies, making it suitable for overnight camping adventures.
What is the weight limit on the NextGen 11.5?
The NextGen 11.5 has a max user weight of 150 kg and a max weight capacity of 200 kg.
What is the difference between max weight capacity and max user weight?
Max user weight refers to the person's weight when using the kayak.
Max weight capacity refers to the total weight of the user and gear distributed along the whole kayak.
Does the NextGen 11.5 stack on roof racks?
Yes, the NextGen 11.5 can stack on roof racks.
Can the NextGen 11.5 kayak be transported on the roof of a car?
Yes, the kayak can be transported on the roof of most cars. However, it is recommended to use appropriate roof racks and tie-down straps to ensure secure transportation. The video here shows how it can be easily loaded by a single person https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpTRuNz9zUI
Can the NextGen 11.5 fit a MaxDrive™?
The NextGen 11.5 comes standard with a MaxDrive™.
Can the MaxDrive™ pedal drive go in reverse?
The MaxDrive™ pedal drive is designed to go in forward direction only. The kayak does come with a paddle that can be used to go in reverse if needed.
Can you stand up in the NextGen 11.5?
The NextGen 11 kayaks have a dedicated stand-up area that is purposely designed to provide increased balance when standing. The kayak comes standard with traction pads for further grip.
How wide are the scupper holes on the NextGen 11.5?
They are between 35-40mm. The scupper holes add rigidity to the structure of the kayak and also allow drainage for water on the deck.
What motor is recommended for the NextGen 11.5?
We recommend a 50lb thrust motor. They can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cfZ
Can I fit a cooler box in the rear storage of the NextGen 11.5?
Yes, you can fit the 12L Cooler box, 22L Cooler box, Bow cooler bag or Soft cooler box into the rear storage of the NextGen 11.5. They can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cf2
Can I bring a child on board with me?
The NextGen 11.5 does not have a dedicated area for a child to sit. The NextGen 1+1 is designed to sit an adult and a child. It can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cf4
What size cover do I need for the NextGen 11.5?
A 4.1m cover is best for the NextGen 11.5.
How can I stack the NextGen 11.5 with a smaller kayak?
The kayaks are stackable so you need to put the smaller Kayak upside down on the car roof and then put the NextGen 11.5 kayak on top of the smaller kayak and tie them securely.
What do HDPE, LDPE and LLDPE stand for?
Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) is softer and more flexible than HDPE. It also has a lower melting point (115° C) and is more transparent. Compared to HDPE, it is more likely to crack under stress.
Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) is a copolymer of ethylene and another longer olefin, which is incorporated to improve properties such as tensile strength or resistance to harsh environments.
High-density polyethylene (HDPE) is rigid and durable and offers greater chemical resistance. Its higher melting point (135° C) allows it to withstand higher temperatures than LDPE. Its more crystalline structure also results in greater strength. It also has greater opacity which results in greater vibrancy and longer-lasting colour.