Kayaks2Fish prides itself on innovation, and the NextGen MK2 Kayak is an example of our commitment to quality design and consistent product improvement. The NextGen MK2 has all the features of the NextGen 10 kayak, however, it is our latest and most innovative design, engineered for maximum manoeuvrability and comfort when on the water.
The NextGen 10 MK2 kayak, like the entire Kayaks2Fish kayak range, is both lightweight and durable and is perfect for fishing in rivers, streams, and lakes. In terms of length, the NextGen 10 Mk2 is a 3m kayak, whilst still easily transportable by a single person, for those who enjoy their solo fishing adventures.
With an impressive features range that is significantly improved in comparison with the features of the NextGen 10 MK2, including, improved paddle holder, improved rudder cleat and rudder system, addition side-tracks, 2 moulded rod holders, and an adjustable height seating position, the NextGen 10 MK2 kayak is an innovative kayak, built with comfort, durability, and manoeuvrability in mind.
Made from durable high-density polyethylene (HDPE) imported from the UK, the NextGen 10 MK2 Kayak is suited to the harsh Australian conditions of hot summers and cold winters, ensuring the kayak is suitable for use, year-round. Throwing in an extensive warranty and a number of colours and designs, the NextGen 10 is a smart choice for a beginner, novice, and advanced kayakers.
With over 10 years of industry experience, designing and producing some of the highest quality kayaks on the Australian market, the Kayaks2Fish team are proud to offer a quality range of kayaks suited to all ages and abilities. Whether you are looking to tackle the rough and tumble rapids or explore a quiet lake searching for the best fishing spots, our kayaks are your perfect exploration partner.
A list of the full Kayaks2Fish NextGen 10 MK2 Kayak range is available below.
|Max Weight Capacity||185KG|
|Max User Weight||140KG|
|Hull + Fixtures Weight||30kg|
|Warranty(on Kayak Body)||5 Year|
|Warranty (on Kayak Parts)||3 Month|
How do I secure the seat to the kayak?
Here is a video outline the installation process for the seat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-CUiqlyAVM&feature=youtu.be
Does the Nextgen 10 Mk2 come with a seat?
Yes, the Nextgen 10 Mk2 comes with the Vantage Aluminium seat as standard. It allows for more comfortable seating and keeps you dry as you sit off the deck.
Is the Nextgen 10 Mk2 compatible with a fish finder?
Yes, the Nextgen 10 Mk2 comes with a track rail system pre-installed to mount the fish finder and a transducer plate underneath to mount the transducer.
Do you have instructions on how to position a transducer for a fish finder on the NextGen 10?
Unfortunately, we don’t have instructions, however, the transducer normally is zip-tied to the transducer plate, the whole compartment fills with water it will not obstruct any transmission or reception. You need to unscrew the four screws holding the transducer plate, then zip tie the transducer to that plate. You then need to run the wiring up the hole which is located in front of the long hatch, then screw the transducer wiring into the fish finder.
Please note: When installing the transducer please ensure the right orientation as if the transducer is upside down it will not work.
What are the main advantages of the Nextgen 10 Mk2 kayak?
- It is much easier to stand up in as it has a dedicated stand-up area that is purposely designed to provide increased balance when standing and comes standard with the traction pads.
- It has a Trimaran hybrid hull which is much more stable than the V-shaped hull of the Nextgen 9 and Osprey kayaks.
- The Nextgen 10 Mk2 package comes with the front storage mesh cover as standard.
- It comes with a Multi-purpose centre console hatch.
- It has a second seating position to allow you to sit higher in the kayak.
- The Handles of the Nextgen 10 MK2 are flush with the hull reducing the chance of hitting the handles when paddling.
- It has a moulded rod resting area that is perfect to re-tackle/ re-bait your rod while on the water.
- It comes with the Aluminium seat as standard.
- It comes in a package with a rudder and track system.
- It is 3.02 metres long and only weighs 26Kg. -->
- You sit up off the deck of the kayak and will avoid getting a wet bottom.
- It has a five-year warranty on the hull.
What is the weight limit on the Nextgen 10 Mk2?
The Nextgen 10 Mk2 has a Max user weight of 140Kg and an max weight capacity of 185Kg.
What is the difference between max Weight Capacity a max user weight?
Max user weight refers to the person's weight when using the kayak.
Max Weight Capacity refers to the total weight of the user and gear distributed along the whole kayak.
Does the Nextgen 10 Mk2 stack on roof racks?
Yes, the Nextgen 10 Mk2 can stack on roof racks.
We recommend strapping the rudder down when travelling.
Can the Nextgen 10 Mk2 fit a Maxdrive™?
No, the Nextgen 10 Mk2 cannot fit a Maxdrive™ peddle system
The Kayaks compatible with the Maxdrive™ are Nextgen 11, Kronos, Peddleking 12 and Peddleking 14.
Can you stand up in the Nextgen 10 Mk2?
The Nextgen 10 Mk2 kayaks have a dedicated stand-up area which is purposely designed to provide increased balance when standing. The kayak comes standard with traction pads for further grip
How wide are the scupper holes on the Nextgen 10 Mk2?
They are between 35-40mm. The scupper holes add rigidity to the structure of the kayak and also allow drainage for water on the deck.
What motor is recommended for the Nextgen 10 Mk2?
We recommend a 32lb thrust motor.
They can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/kayak-trolling-motor-32lb-thrust-electric-trolling
Can the Nextgen 10 Mk2 fit a rudder?
The Nextgen 10 Mk2 comes with a rudder as standard.
Can I fit a cooler box in the rear storage of the Nextgen 10 Mk2?
Yes, you can fit the 12L Cooler box, 22L Cooler box, Bow cooler bag or Soft cooler box into the rear storage of the Nextgen 10 Mk2.
They can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/cooler-boxes
Can I bring a child on board with me?
The Nextgen 10 Mk2 does not have a dedicated area for a child to sit.
The Nextgen 1+1 is designed to sit an adult and a child.
What is the difference between the Nextgen 10 and the Nextgen 10 Mk2?
- The Nextgen 10 Mk2 comes with two extra inbuilt rod holders than the Nextgen 10
- The Nextgen 10 MK2 is 1cm wider and taller than the Nextgen 10.
- The Nextgen 10 is 3Kg lighter compared to the Nextgen 10.
- The Nextgen 10 Mk2 can support an extra 10Kg compared to the Nexgen 10.
- The Nextgen 10 MK2 comes with an extra four tracks; two in the front and two in the rear.
- The Nextgen 10 Mk2 has two seat height adjustment levels
- Higher seating is beneficial for sight fishing activities and more comfortable for the knees.
- Lower seating lowers the kayak's centre of gravity which increases stability when paddling or carrying heavy loads.
- The Nextgen 10 Mk2 has a rear storage hatch at an angle to allow long items such as fishing rods or anchor poles to be stored within the kayak.
- The Nextgen 10 Mk2 has handles flush with the kayak body to help avoid hitting the handles while paddling.
- The Nextgen 10 Mk2 has cleared out footwells for comfort whereas the Nextgen 10 has moulded footrests.
Is the rudder for the Nextgen 9 the same as the rudder for the Nextgen 10 Mk2 mk2 or the Nextgen 1+1?
The Rudder is different from the Nextgen 9 and Nextgen 10 to the Nextgen 10 Mk2 and the Nextgen 1+1.
Is the swivel rod holder removable?
Yes, It easily comes out when the locking groove on the rod holder is lined up with the notch in the base.
What size cover do I need for the Nextgen 10 Mk2?
A 3m cover is best for the Nextgen 10 Mk2. The cover can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/3M-Kayak-Storage-Camo-Cover-Camo
How can I stack the Nextgen 10 Mk2 with a smaller kayak?
The kayaks are stackable so you need to put the smaller Kayak upside down on the car roof and then put the Nextgen 10 Mk2 kayak on top of the smaller kayak and tie them securely
What are the holes on the Multi-purpose centre console used for?
They are for quick mounting of the K2F rod holder and only compatible with the K2F rod holder.
What do HDPE, LDPE and LLDPE stand for?
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) is softer and more flexible than HDPE. It also has a lower melting point (115° C) and is more transparent. Compared to HDPE, it is more likely to crack under stress.
- Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) is a copolymer of ethylene and another longer olefin, which is incorporated to improve properties such as tensile strength or resistance to harsh environments.
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE) is rigid and durable and offers greater chemical resistance. Its higher melting point (135° C) allows it to withstand higher temperatures than LDPE. Its more crystalline structure also results in greater strength. It also has greater opacity which results in greater vibrancy and longer-lasting colour.