Serious about your fishing? Enjoy getting out on the water with your mates, discovering new fishing spots and enjoying the amazing waterways that Australia has to offer? Want a kayak where everyone can tag along for the journey?
Well, you’re in luck! Kayaks2Fish’s MerlinPro Kayak is a spacious double fishing kayak, where there is room for everyone, even the family dog!
Not only is the MerlinPro kayak spacious, but it is also jam-packed full of features, including, 2 aluminium seats, rod holders, multiple storage compartments for your bait, lures and other necessities such as sunscreen and snacks, which will enable you to spend hours on the water. The MerlinPro kayak also has enough space that a third seat can also be fitted.
Made from durable high-density polyethylene (HDPE) imported from the UK, the Merlin Pro kayak is suited to the harsh Australian conditions of hot summers and cold winters, ensuring the kayak is suitable for use, year-round.
With over 10 years of industry experience, designing and producing some of the highest quality kayaks on the Australian market, the Kayaks2Fish team are proud to offer a quality range of kayaks suited to all ages and abilities. Whether you are looking to tackle the rough and tumble rapids or explore a quiet lake searching for the best fishing spots, our kayaks are your perfect exploration partner.
A list of the full Kayaks2Fish MerlinPro Kayak range is available below.
How do I secure the seats to the kayak?
Here is a video outline for the installation process for the seat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-CUiqlyAVM
Does the Merlin kayak come with a seat?
The Merlin Kayak comes standard with Luxury soft seats. The Merlin pro kayak can be purchased which comes standard with the Merlin Pro Aluminium seats.
The Aluminium seats allow for more comfortable seating and keep you dry as you sit off the deck.
How do I install a fishfinder on the Merlin kayak?
A Track Rail system first needs to be installed onto the kayak.
They can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/side-tracks
Please note that any drilling or screwing directly into the kayaks hull will void the warranty.
The warranty information can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/warranty
What are the main features of the Merlin Kayak?
- It can be upgraded to fit the aluminium seats which can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/Merlin-pro-aluminium-vantage-seat
- It is 3.7 metres long and only weighs 34Kg.
- It has a three-year warranty on the hull.
- It can fit a third Luxury soft seat in the centre that is perfect for a small child.
- It is motor ready. The motors and mounting kits can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/electric-trolling-motors
- It is made from HDPE which is very tough and has a very vibrant colour.
What is the weight limit on the Merlin Kayak?
The Merlin Kayak has a Max user weight of 210Kg and a max weight capacity of 250Kg.
What is the difference between max weight capacity and max user weight?
Max user weight refers to the person's weight when using the kayak.
Max Weight Capacity refers to the total weight of the user and gear such as coolers, tackle, tackle boxes, bait and tools distributed along the whole kayak.
Does the Merlin Kayak stack on roof racks?
Yes, the Merlin Kayak can stack on roof racks.
We recommend travelling with them upside down and no more than two Merlin kayaks on a roof rack.
Please always check the capacity of your roof racks before loading your kayaks.
We recommend the J-rack when travelling with a kayak. They can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/j-racks
How can I stack the Merlin Kayak with a smaller kayak?
The kayaks are stackable so you need to put the smaller kayak upside down on the car roof racks and then put the Merlin Kayak kayak on top of the smaller kayak and tie them securely with a strap.. link straps.
Can the Merlin Kayak fit a Maxdrive™ pedal system?
No, the Merlin Kayak cannot fit a Maxdrive™ pedal system.
The Kayaks compatible with the Maxdrive™ are NextGen 11, Kronos, Pedalking 12 and Pedalking 14.
Can you stand up in the Merlin Kayak?
The Merlin Kayak does not have a dedicated stand-up area for your feet. However, the Triton series has a dedicated stand-up area for extra balance.
How wide are the scupper holes on the Merlin Kayak and what are they for?
They are between 35-40mm wide. The scupper holes add rigidity to the structure of the kayak and also allow drainage for water from the deck.
Do I have to keep the scupper plugs in while kayaking?
Yes, it is always recommended to use scupper plugs, the only time you would remove them is to drain water from the deck.
What motor is recommended for the Merlin Kayak?
We recommend a 50lb thrust motor.
The motors can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/electric-trolling-motors
Can the Merlin Kayak fit a rudder?
No, the Merlin kayak cannot fit a rudder.
The Triton kayak, however, can fit a rudder.
Can I fit a cooler box in the rear storage of the Merlin Kayak?
Yes, you can fit the 12L Cooler box onto the rear storage of the Merlin Kayak.
They can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/cooler-boxes
Can I bring my children with me when kayaking?
The Merlin Kayak can comfortably fit a small child in the centre when a Luxury soft seat is installed. Larger children can fit either up the front seat or in the rear seat but must be supervised by an adult.
What is the difference between the Triton and the Merlin Kayak?
- The Triton has a Trimaran hull much more stable.
- The Triton has a hand-controlled rudder as standard. Whereas a rudder cannot be installed on an Merlin Kayak.
- The Triton has a large square storage hatch under the rear seat.
- The Merlin Kayak has a V-shaped hull that helps to maneuver easily.
- The Triton has 3 storage areas whereas the Merlin only has two.
- The Triton has track rails pre-installed. add Merlin comparison
- The Merlin weighs 4Kgs less than the Triton.
Is the swivel rod holder removable?
Yes, it easily comes out when the locking groove on the rod holder is lined up with the notch in the base. The base of the rod holder can be removed by removing the four screws.
What size cover do I need for the Merlin Kayak?
A 4m cover is best for the Merlin Kayak. The cover can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/Large-4.1M-Kayak-Storage-Cover-Camo
What do HDPE, LDPE and LLDPE stand for?
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) is softer and more flexible than HDPE. It also has a lower melting point (115° C) and is more transparent. Compared to HDPE, it is more likely to crack under stress.
- Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) is a copolymer of ethylene and another longer olefin, which is incorporated to improve properties such as tensile strength or resistance to harsh environments.
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE) is rigid and durable and offers greater chemical resistance. Its higher melting point (135° C) allows it to withstand higher temperatures than LDPE. Its more crystalline structure also results in greater strength. It also has greater opacity which results in greater vibrancy and longer-lasting colour.