The NextGen 7 is the perfect solution for young children, teens and small adults or seniors, who are looking to start their kayaking adventures off in style. With an impressive range of designs and colours available the 2.2m, 15kg NextGen 7, is easily transportable and easily carried to the water edge for launch.
With a modern hull design for maximum stability, a lightweight paddle and a paddle leash as standard features, the NextGen 7 is perfect for both recreation and fishing purposes.
In terms of comfort the ergonomic adjustable backrest and cushion, ensures maximum comfort whilst on the water, allowing inexperienced paddlers to spend more time in the seat affording greater time to practice their strokes and learn to master the sport.
Built from UV8 stabilised plastic, which is safe, durable, and lightweight, the NextGen 7 is best suited to adventures in lakes, rivers, dams, and estuaries, where the water is somewhat calm. Add in a 3-year warranty on the hull and you’ve got yourself a perfect starter kayak.
With over 10 years of industry experience, designing and producing some of the highest quality kayaks on the Australian market, the Kayaks2Fish team are proud to offer a quality range of kayaks suited to all ages and abilities. Whether you are looking to tackle the rough and tumble rapids or explore a quiet lake searching for the best fishing spots, our kayaks are your perfect exploration partner.
A list of the full Kayaks2Fish NextGen 7 Kayak range is available below.
- 1x NextGen 7 Fishing Kayak
- 1x Built-in Ergonomic Adjustable Backrest and Cushion
- 1x Lightweight Two-pieces Floatable Paddle
- 1x 360° Adjustable Rod Holder
- 1x Pre-installed Track to Mount Rod Holder or Extra Gear
- 2x Built-in Rod Holders
- 1x 8' Storage Hatch
- 2x Moulded Front and Back Handle for Easy Transportation
- 1x 1m Paddle Leash
Kayak’s unique design allows for several accessories to be installed with ease.
- Foot Traction Pad - For better Grip While Fishing Standing Up
- Track Rails - To install Various Accessories such as GoPro, Fish Finder etc
- Sun Shade - To protect from UV exposure
- Kayak Cover - To protect from dust & crawlies
*Items listed above are sold separately.
- Made from Premium Virgin (not Recycled) Roto Moulded UV Resistant High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) from the UK, quality product which is built to last. HDPE is far superior in strength and durability than LLDPE.
- Made from UV8 Stabilized plastic, perfect for Australian conditions. UV8 means protection for a total of 8000 hours. Given 6-8 hours of UV exposure a day, the Kayak colour and strength will last for 1000 days approximately. That’s equivalent to 3 years of use every single day. Please note the UV index varies based on the location.
- Aquadynamic shape with a V-shaped hull underneath, both in front and back, to ensure kayak tracks straight and move faster with less effort.
- Ideal for both recreational and fishing purposes. Kayak is best suited for lakes, rivers, dams, estuaries and harbours. With these Kayaks, you can go where bigger boats can't such as kelp beds, reefs, mangrove shallows, coast cliff lines.
- Ergonomic adjustable backrest and cushion
- 2.2M Hull Length can fit in car or caravan for easy transportation
- 8 Inch water-resistant storage hatches with a removable protective bag to keep valuables safe.
- One meter long paddle leash so you’re not up the creek without a paddle
- Large footrest area designed to greater control and comfort.
- Large storage at the back of kayak along with Bungee cord for securing larger items.
- Six scupper holes with drain plugs around the body of Kayak for easy drainage if needed.
- Includes lightweight two-piece paddle (easy to store). It floats if dropped in water and can also be adjusted in three offset angles.
- Kayaks come wrapped in bubble wrap and a plastic sheet to protect it during transport.
- Kayaks are stackable, making it easier to transport two-three kayaks at a time.
- Can be used by children as young as 5 years of age (under supervision).
- Lightweight Kayak with weight just over 15Kgs, easier to handle by just one person.
- Two built-in and one 360º Swivel rod holder, plenty for even the most passionate fisherman.
- Load capacity of 90Kgs; perfect for teens, small adult or seniors
- Carry handles on each side with paddle holding straps.
- Moulded Carry handles on the front and back for easy carriage while using a trolley.
- Built-in bottle holder.
Why Buy From Us:
For 10 years, Kayaks2Fish has focused on one thing — allowing paddlers of any skill level to enjoy the thrill that comes from being surrounded by water and nature. The passion for kayaking, fishing and outdoors is what flows in our blood and we are passionate about bringing the products that are as good as, if not better, than the big brand stores at a price that doesn't break the bank.
- 10 years of industry experience
- Best value kayaks in Australia
- Parts and after-sales support
- 30 Days money-back guarantee
- Same day collection
- Thousands of happy customers
- Hundreds of positive reviews online
- Brand: Kayaks2Fish
- Model: NextGen 7
- Material: HDPE
- Max Weight Capacity: 90 KG
- Max User Weight: 70 KG
- Hull Weight: 15 KG
- Hull + Fixtures Weight: 18.5 KG
- Length: 220 CM
- Width: 73 CM
- Height: 36 CM
- Warranty on Kayak Hull: 3 Year
- Warranty on Kayak Parts: 3 Months
- Kayaks colours may vary slightly than depicted in images due to hand mixing of colours.
- There may be slight differences in the design of the kayaks, as multiple moulds are used. These differences are minor and will not affect the performance or features of the kayak.
- The kayak weights are just approximate and can slightly vary.
- During the shipping process some kayaks may get compressed. This can be easily fixed by placing the kayak in the sun which will cause the plastic to expand to its original size.
- Due to the bulky nature of the product, there could be some scratches on the kayak when it is shipped to an address as it gets moved around in trucks and goes through various depots. These scratches are cosmetic only and won't impact the performance of the kayak.
- Always check local weather conditions and wear an approved life jacket when kayaking.
- Check your state/local Marine (boat) license requirement to operate canoe/kayak with a trolling motor prior to purchasing.
- The hatches featured on Kayaks2Fish kayaks are water-resistant not waterproof. Constant splashing or rain can cause the water to slowly come into the kayak.
- Any damage caused by the incorrect use of a kayak trolley is not covered under the manufacturer's warranty.
|Max Weight Capacity||90KG|
|Max User Weight||70KG|
|Hull + Fixtures Weight||18.5kg|
|Warranty(on Kayak Body)||3 Year|
|Warranty (on Kayak Parts)||3 Month|
Does the NextGen 7 come with a seat?
Yes, the NextGen 7 comes with an integrated backrest with a soft cushion that connects to the deck of the kayak.
Is the NextGen 7 compatible with a fish-finder?
Yes, the NextGen 7 can fit a track rail system that can support a fish finder mount and a transducer arm.
A Deployment arm can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgt
The Track Rail system can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgv
An alternative Railblaza deployment arm can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgx
The Railblaza base can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgz
What are the main advantages of the NextGen 7?
- 2.2 metres long and weighs only 15Kg.
- Three-year warranty on the hull.
- Upgradable as it can fit two track rails.
- Which can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgv
- It is much easier to stand up in as it has a dedicated stand-up area that is purposely designed to provide increased balance when standing and can fit the traction pads.
- The traction pads can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgB
- Can fit easily in vans and some 4wds.
- Comfortable seat with great back support.
- Pre-installed rail in front of seat.
- Water resistant 8-inch front hatch.
What is the weight limit of the NextGen 7?
The NextGen 7 has a max user weight of 70Kg and a max weight capacity of 90Kg.
What is the difference between max weight capacity and max user weight?
Max user weight refers to the person's weight when using the kayak.
Max weight capacity refers to the total weight of the user and gear distributed along the whole kayak.
Can the NextGen 7 be stacked?
Yes, the NextGen 7 can be stacked on roof racks. We recommend travelling with them stacked upside down.
Can the NextGen 7 fit a MaxDrive™ pedal system?
No, the NextGen 7 cannot fit a MaxDrive™.
The kayaks that can fit a MaxDrive™ can be found here:https://k2f.com.au/s/cgF
Can you stand up in the NextGen 7?
The NextGen 7 is much easier to stand up in as it has a dedicated stand-up area that is purposely designed to provide increased balance when standing and can fit the traction pads.
The traction pads can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgB
How wide are the scupper holes in the NextGen 7?
The scupper holes are between 35-40mm wide. The scupper holes add rigidity to the structure of the kayak and also allow drainage for water on the deck.
Can the NextGen 7 fit a rudder?
No, the NextGen 7 cannot easily be fitted with a rudder.
Can I fit a cooler box into the back of a NextGen 7?
Yes, you can fit the 12L cooler box into the back storage.
The 12L cooler box can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgC
Can I bring a child with me onboard?
The NextGen 7 does not have a dedicated area for a child to sit.
The NextGen1+1 is designed for an adult and a child to be on board together.
The NextGen 1+1 can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgG
Is the swivel rod holder removable?
Yes, It easily comes out when the locking groove on the rod holder is lined up with the notch in the base.
Are the hatches on the NextGen 7 waterproof?
The hatches are water-resistant and can handle a splash but not being covered by water and/or submerged.
What size cover do I need for the NextGen 7?
A 2.2m cover is best for the NextGen 7. The cover can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgD
What do HDPE, LDPE and LLDPE stand for?
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) is softer and more flexible than HDPE. It also has a lower melting point (115° C) and is more transparent. Compared to HDPE, it is more likely to crack under stress.
- Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) is a copolymer of ethylene and another longer olefin, which is incorporated to improve properties such as tensile strength or resistance to harsh environments.
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE) is rigid and durable and offers greater chemical resistance. Its higher melting point (135° C) allows it to withstand higher temperatures than LDPE. Its more crystalline structure also results in greater strength. It also has greater opacity which results in greater vibrancy and longer-lasting colour.