A double fishing kayak for the serious angler, the Merlin Kayak is solid, reliable and a little luxurious, built for enjoyable days on the water exploring Australia’s best fishing spots.
With luxury seats, a lightweight hull, paddle with a long 2m paddle leash and a huge maximum weight of 210kg, the Merlin Kayak is designed to be able to transport 2 adults around the water with ease. It is also possible to add in an additional luxury soft seat, so you can take a child or other small adult along for the adventure as well.
Made from durable high-density polyethylene (HDPE) imported from the UK, the Merlin Kayak is suited to the harsh Australian conditions of hot summers and cold winters, ensuring the kayak is suitable for use, year-round.
Additionally, the Merlin Kayak comes with a 3-year warranty on the hull, so you can rest easy knowing you are purchasing a superior quality product, designed, and built to last!
Available in a range of attractive colours and patterns, suited to any and all tastes, and with a variety of optional extras available including sunshades, covers, trolleys and a trolling motor, the Merlin Kayak will ensure hours of fun on the water.
With over 10 years of industry experience, designing and producing some of the highest quality kayaks on the Australian market, the Kayaks2Fish team are proud to offer a quality range of kayaks suited to all ages and abilities. Whether you are looking to tackle the rough and tumble rapids or explore a quiet lake searching for the best fishing spots, our kayaks are your perfect exploration partner.
A list of the full Kayaks2Fish Merlin Kayak range is available below.
Why Buy From Us:
For 10 years, Kayaks2Fish has focused on one thing — allowing paddlers of any skill level to enjoy the thrill that comes from being surrounded by water and nature. The passion for kayaking, fishing and outdoors is what flows in our blood and we are passionate about bringing the products that are as good as, if not better, than the big brand stores at a price that doesn't break the bank.
Single Person Use: There are two ways this Kayak can be used by a single person. One, by sitting in the middle where the child seat is. In this position, the footrests are a little too far to reach for most people. Another option is to sit at the back of the kayak and put a counterweight in the front to keep the kayak level, or else the Kayak will rise in the front making it harder to track in a straight line.
- Kayaks colours may vary slightly than depicted in images due to hand mixing of colours.
- There may be slight differences in the design of the kayaks, as multiple moulds are used. These differences are minor and will not affect the performance or features of the kayak.
- The kayak weights are just approximate and can slightly vary.
- During the shipping process some kayaks may get compressed. This can be easily fixed by placing the kayak in the sun which will cause the plastic to expand to its original size.
- Due to the bulky nature of the product, there could be some scratches on the kayak when it is shipped to an address as it gets moved around in trucks and goes through various depots. These scratches are cosmetic only and won't impact the performance of the kayak.
- Always check local weather conditions and wear an approved life jacket when kayaking.
- Check your state/local Marine (boat) license requirement to operate canoe/kayak with a trolling motor prior to purchasing.
- The hatches featured on Kayaks2Fish kayaks are water-resistant not waterproof. Constant splashing or rain can cause the water to slowly come into the kayak.
- Any damage caused by the incorrect use of a kayak trolley is not covered under the manufacturer's warranty.
|Max Weight Capacity||250KG|
|Max User Weight||210KG|
|Hull + Fixtures Weight||38kg|
|Warranty(on Kayak Body)||5 Year|
|Warranty (on Kayak Parts)||3 Month|
How do I secure the seats to the kayak?
Here is a video outline for the installation process for the seat: https://k2f.com.au/s/cfz
Does the Merlin kayak come with a seat?
The Merlin Kayak comes standard with Luxury soft seats. The Merlin pro kayak can be purchased which comes standard with the Vantage Aluminium seats.
The Vantage Aluminium seats allow for more comfortable seating and keep you dry as you sit off the deck.
How do I install a fish finder on the Merlin kayak?
A Track Rail system first needs to be installed onto the kayak.
They can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cfB
Please note that any drilling or screwing directly into the kayaks hull will void the warranty.
The warranty information can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cfC
What are the main features of the Merlin Kayak?
- Can be upgraded to fit the aluminium seats which can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cfD
- 3.7 metres long and only weighs ~34Kg.
- Larger width (88cm) provides extra stability in rough conditions.
- It has a three-year warranty on the hull.
- It can fit a third luxury soft seat in the centre that is perfect for a small child.
- It is motor ready. The motors and mounting kits can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cfF
- It is made from HDPE which is very tough and has a very vibrant colour.
- Large storage at the back of kayak along with Bungee cord for securing larger items.
What is the weight limit on the Merlin Kayak?
The Merlin Kayak has a max user weight of 210Kg and a max weight capacity of 250Kg.
What is the difference between max weight capacity and max user weight?
Max user weight refers to the person's weight when using the kayak.
Max Weight Capacity refers to the total weight of the user and gear such as coolers, tackle, tackle boxes, bait and tools distributed along the whole kayak.
Does the Merlin Kayak stack on roof racks?
Yes, the Merlin Kayak can stack on roof racks.
We recommend travelling with them upside down and no more than two Merlin kayaks on a roof rack.
Please always check the capacity of your roof racks before loading your kayaks.
How can I stack the Merlin Kayak with a smaller kayak?
The kayaks are stackable so you need to put the smaller kayak upside down on the car roof racks and then put the Merlin Kayak kayak on top of the smaller kayak and tie them securely with a strap. The straps can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cfK
Can the Merlin Kayak fit a Maxdrive™ pedal system?
No, the Merlin Kayak cannot fit a Maxdrive™ pedal system.
The Kayaks compatible with the Maxdrive™ can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cfJ
Can you stand up in the Merlin Kayak?
The Merlin Kayak does not have a dedicated stand-up area for your feet. However, the Triton series has a dedicated stand-up area for extra balance.
How wide are the scupper holes on the Merlin Kayak and what are they for?
They are between 35-40mm wide. The scupper holes add rigidity to the structure of the kayak and also allow drainage for water from the deck.
Do I have to keep the scupper plugs in while kayaking?
Yes, it is always recommended to use scupper plugs. The only time you would remove them is to drain water from the deck.
What motor is recommended for the Merlin Kayak?
We recommend a 50lb thrust motor.
The motors can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cfF
Can the Merlin Kayak fit a rudder?
No, the Merlin kayak cannot fit a rudder.
The Triton kayak, however, can fit a rudder.
The Triton can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cfL
Can I fit a cooler box in the rear storage of the Merlin Kayak?
Yes, you can fit the 12L Cooler box onto the rear storage of the Merlin Kayak.
They can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cfG
Can I bring my children with me when kayaking?
The Merlin Kayak can comfortably fit a small child in the centre when a luxury soft seat is installed. Larger children can fit either up the front seat or in the rear seat but must be supervised by an adult.
What is the difference between the Triton and the Merlin Kayak?
- The Triton has a Trimaran hull much more stable.
- The Triton has a hand-controlled rudder as standard. Whereas a rudder cannot be installed on an Merlin Kayak.
- The Triton has a large square storage hatch under the rear seat.
- The Merlin Kayak has a V-shaped hull that helps to maneuver easily.
- The Triton has 3 storage areas whereas the Merlin only has two.
- The Triton has track rails pre-installed. add Merlin comparison
- The Merlin weighs 4Kgs less than the Triton.
Is the swivel rod holder removable?
Yes, it easily comes out when the locking groove on the rod holder is lined up with the notch in the base. The base of the rod holder can be removed by removing the four screws.
What size cover do I need for the Merlin Kayak?
A 4m cover is best for the Merlin Kayak. The cover can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cfH
What do HDPE, LDPE and LLDPE stand for?
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) is softer and more flexible than HDPE. It also has a lower melting point (115° C) and is more transparent. Compared to HDPE, it is more likely to crack under stress.
- Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) is a copolymer of ethylene and another longer olefin, which is incorporated to improve properties such as tensile strength or resistance to harsh environments.
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE) is rigid and durable and offers greater chemical resistance. Its higher melting point (135° C) allows it to withstand higher temperatures than LDPE. Its more crystalline structure also results in greater strength. It also has greater opacity which results in greater vibrancy and longer-lasting colour.