NEXTGEN 9 Fishing Kayak Package - Purple Camo [Melbourne]
Complete Package Aluminium Seat Paddle Rod Holders
Notify me when this item is available to order
Select pickup location to proceed
- 1x NextGen 9' Fishing Kayak
- 1x Luxury Vantage Aluminium Seat
- 1x Lightweight Floatable Paddle
- 1x 360° Adjustable Rod Holder
- 4x Built-in Rod Holders
- 2x Storage Hatch (Front 9" & Middle 8" with Built-in Tackle Box)
- 1x 1m Long Paddle Leash
Kayak’s unique design allows for several accessories to be installed with ease.
- Rudder System - For easy manoeuvring
- Flag Whip and Pennant - For better visibility
- Foot Traction Pad - For better Grip While Fishing Standing Up
- Track Rails - To install Various Accessories such as GoPro, Fish Finder etc
- Sun Shade - To protect from UV exposure
- Cooler Boxes - Designed specifically for our kayaks
- Trolling Motor - Tired of paddling, hook up a battery and off you go
- Outriggers - Struggle to maintain the right balance (or worried about safety) then give stabilizers a try.
*Items listed above are sold separately.
- Specially designed groove with brass bolt inserts to easily install the motor bar and trolling motor.
- Large footrest area designed for greater control and comfort.
- Large storage at the back of kayak along with Bungee cord for securing larger items. Our cooler box fits perfectly in this area.
- Four built-in and one 360º Swivel rod holder, plenty for even the most passionate fisherman.
- Six scupper holes with drain plugs around the body of Kayak for easy drainage if needed.
- Carry handles on each side with straps that can hold the paddle in place.
- Carry handles on the front and back for easy carriage while using a trolley.
- Built-in bottle holders.
- Kayaks come wrapped in bubble wrap and a plastic sheet to protect it during transport.
- Kayaks are stackable, making it easier to transport two-three kayaks at a time.
- Option to install Tracks along the length of Kayak, useful for attaching various accessories such as GoPro, Fish Finder etc.
Why Buy From Us:
For 10 years, Kayaks2Fish has focused on one thing — allowing paddlers of any skill level to enjoy the thrill that comes from being surrounded by water and nature. The passion for kayaking, fishing and outdoors is what flows in our blood and we are passionate about bringing the products that are as good as, if not better, than the big brand stores at a price that doesn't break the bank.
- 10 years of industry experience
- Best value kayaks in Australia
- Parts and after-sales support
- 30 Days money back guarantee
- Same day collection
- Thousands of happy customers
- Hundreds of positive reviews online
- Brand: Kayaks2Fish
- Model: NextGen 9
- Material: HDPE
- Max Weight Capacity: 160 KG
- Max User Weight: 120 KG
- Hull Weight: 20 KG
- Hull + Fixtures Weight: 23 KG
- Length: 280 CM
- Width: 85 CM
- Height: 36 CM
- Warranty on Kayak Hull: 5 Year
- Warranty on Kayak Parts: 3 Months
- Kayaks colours may vary slightly than depicted in images due to hand mixing of colours.
- There may be slight differences in the design of the kayaks, as multiple moulds are used. These differences are minor and will not affect the performance or features of the kayak.
- The kayak weights are just approximate and can slightly vary.
- During the shipping process some kayaks may get compressed. This can be easily fixed by placing the kayak in the sun which will cause the plastic to expand to its original size.
- Due to the bulky nature of the product, there could be some scratches on the kayak when it is shipped to an address as it gets moved around in trucks and goes through various depots. These scratches are cosmetic only and won't impact the performance of the kayak.
- Always check local weather conditions and wear an approved life jacket when kayaking.
- Check your state/local Marine (boat) license requirement to operate canoe/kayak with a trolling motor prior to purchasing.
|Max Weight Capacity||160KG|
|Max User Weight||120KG|
|Hull + Fixtures Weight||23kg|
|Warranty(on Kayak Body)||5 Year|
|Warranty (on Kayak Parts)||3 Month|
How do you secure the seat to the kayak?
Here is a video outlining the installation process for the seat: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdF
Does the NextGen 9 come with a seat?
Yes, the NextGen 9 comes with the Vantage Aluminium seat as standard. It allows for more comfortable seating and keeps you dry as you sit off the deck.
Is the NextGen 9 compatible with a fish finder?
Yes, the NextGen 9 can fit a track rail system that can support a fish finder mount and a transducer arm.
A Deployment arm can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdJ
The Track Rail system can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdK
An alternative Railblaza deployment arm can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdL
The Railblaza base can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdM
What are the main advantages of the NextGen 9?
- V-shaped hull more manoeuvrable than a flat hull.
- Comes with the aluminium seat as standard. Which allows you to sit off the deck of the kayak and not have to sit in a small pool of water.
- Only 2.8 metres long and weighs only 20Kg.
- Five year warranty on the hull of the kayak.
- Upgradable as it can fit a rudder and two track rails.
- A tackle box that fits into the middle hatch comes included.
- Much easier to stand up in as it has a dedicated stand-up area that is purposely designed to provide increased balance when standing and can fit the traction pads
- The traction pads can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdN
- One eight inch and one nine inch water resistant storage hatches.
- Built in foot braces to help with controlling the kayak while paddling.
- Four built in rod holders, with an additional swivel rod holder
- Six scupper holes to allow easy draining of water on the deck of the kayak
- Bungee cord on the back storage area to keep items strapped down.
What is the weight limit of the NextGen 9?
The NextGen 9 has a max user weight of 120Kg and a max weight capacity of 160Kg
What is the difference between total capacity weight and max user weight?
Max user weight refers to the person's weight when using the kayak.
Total capacity weight refers to the total weight of the user and gear such as coolers, tackle, tackle boxes, bait and tools distributed along the whole kayak.
Can the NextGen 9 be stacked?
Yes, the NextGen 9 can stack on roof racks.
We recommend travelling with them upside down and no more than two NextGen 9 on a roof rack.
Please always check the capacity of your roof racks before loading your kayaks.
Can the NextGen 9 fit a MaxDrive™ pedal system?
No, the NextGen 9 cannot fit a MaxDrive™ pedal system.
The kayaks that can fit a MaxDrive™ can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdZ
Can you stand up in the NextGen 9?
The NextGen 9 is much easier to stand up in as it has a dedicated stand-up area that is purposely designed to provide increased balance when standing and can fit the traction pads
The traction pads can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdN
How wide are the scupper holes in the NextGen 9?
The scupper holes are between 35-40mm wide. The scupper holes add rigidity to the structure of the kayak and also allow drainage for water on the deck.
What motor do you recommend for the NextGen 9 kayak?
We recommend a 24lb thrust motor.
They can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdP
Can the NextGen 9 fit a rudder?
Yes, the NextGen 9 can be fitted with a rudder.
It can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdQ
Can I fit a cooler box into the back of a NextGen 9?
Yes, you can fit the 12L cooler box and the Soft cooler box into the back storage.
The 12L cooler box can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdS
The Soft cooler box can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdT
Can I bring a child with me onboard?
The NextGen 9 does not have a dedicated spot for a child.
The NextGen1+1 is designed for an adult and a child to be on board together.
It can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdX
What is the difference between the Osprey and the NextGen 9?
- The Osprey is 1Kg lighter and 10cm shorter than the NextGen 9
- The NextGen 9 is 10cm longer.
- The NextGen 9 is 3cm wider.
- The seat in the NextGen 9 is raised off the deck of the kayak and will allow the user to not get a wet butt.
- 5 years of warranty on the hull of the NextGen 9 vs 3 years for the Osprey.
- The NextGen 9 is upgradable as it can fit a track rail system and a rudder
The Track Rail system can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdK
The Rudder system can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdQ
- The NextGen 9 comes with a tackle box that fits into the centre hatch as a part of the kayak package.
- The NextGen 9 is much easier to stand up in as it has a dedicated stand-up area that is purposely designed to provide increased balance when standing and can fit traction pads.
Traction Pads for the NextGen 9 can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdN
Is the swivel rod holder removable?
Yes, It easily comes out when the locking groove on the rod holder is lined up with the notch in the base.
Are the hatches on the NextGen 9 waterproof?
The hatches are water-resistant and can handle a splash but not being covered by water and/or submerged.
What size cover do I need for the NextGen 9?
A 3m cover is best for the NextGen 9. The cover can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdV
What do HDPE, LDPE and LLDPE stand for?
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) is softer and more flexible than HDPE. It also has a lower melting point (115° C) and is more transparent. Compared to HDPE, it is more likely to crack under stress.
- Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) is a copolymer of ethylene and another longer olefin, which is incorporated to improve properties such as tensile strength or resistance to harsh environments.
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE) is rigid and durable and offers greater chemical resistance. Its higher melting point (135° C) allows it to withstand higher temperatures than LDPE. Its more crystalline structure also results in greater strength. It also has greater opacity which results in greater vibrancy and longer-lasting colour.