Puffin Kids Kayak Package - Seaspray [Brisbane-Coorparoo]
Notify me when this item is available to order
Select pickup location to proceed
|Max Weight Capacity||50KG|
|Max User Weight||40KG|
|Hull + Fixtures Weight||9.5kg|
|Warranty(on Kayak Body)||1 Year|
|Warranty (on Kayak Parts)||3 Month|
How do I secure the seat to the kayak?
Here is a video outline the installation process for the seat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-CUiqlyAVM&feature=youtu.be
Does the Puffin come with a seat?
Yes, the Puffin comes with a Kids soft seat as standard.
How do I install a fishfinder on the Puffin kayak?
A Track Rail system first needs to be installed onto the kayak.
They can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/side-tracks
Please note that any drilling or screwing directly into the kayaks hull will void the warranty.
The warranty information can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/side-tracks
What are the main advantages of the Puffin?
- The Puffin is only 1.8 metres long and weighs only 9Kg.
- 1-year warranty on the hull of the kayak.
- The Puffin can easily fit inside most cars.
What is the weight limit of the Puffin?
The Puffin has a max user weight of 40Kg and an overall max weight of 50Kg
What is the difference between overall max weight and max user weight?
Max user weight refers to the person's weight when using the kayak.
Total max weight refers to the total weight of the user and gear distributed along the whole kayak.
Can the Puffin be stacked?
Yes, the Puffin can be stacked on roof racks. We recommend travelling with them stacked upside down.
How wide are the scupper holes in the Puffin?
The scupper holes are between 35-40mm wide. The scupper holes add rigidity to the structure of the kayak and also allow drainage for water on the deck.
Can the Puffin fit a rudder?
No, the Puffin cannot be fitted with a rudder.
Can I fit a cooler box into the back of a Puffin?
Yes, you can fit the 12L cooler box into the back storage.
The 12L cooler box can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/Orca-ChillMax-12L-Cooler-Box-Grey-Pick-Up
Is the swivel rod holder removable?
Yes, It easily comes out when the locking groove on the rod holder is lined up with the notch in the base.
What size cover do I need for the Puffin?
A 2.2m cover is best for the Puffin. The cover can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/2.2M-Kayak-Storage-Cover-Silver-Pickup
What do HDPE, LDPE and LLDPE stand for?
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) is softer and more flexible than HDPE. It also has a lower melting point (115° C) and is more transparent. Compared to HDPE, it is more likely to crack under stress.
- Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) is a copolymer of ethylene and another longer olefin, which is incorporated to improve properties such as tensile strength or resistance to harsh environments.
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE) is rigid and durable and offers greater chemical resistance. Its higher melting point (135° C) allows it to withstand higher temperatures than LDPE. Its more crystalline structure also results in greater strength. It also has greater opacity which results in greater vibrancy and longer-lasting colour.