Puffin Pro Kids Kayak Package - Sea Spray [Brisbane-Coorparoo]
Include seat, paddle, paddle leash & swivel rod holder
Notify me when this item is available to order
Select pickup location to proceed
|Max Weight Capacity||50KG|
|Max User Weight||40KG|
|Hull + Fixtures Weight||10.5kg|
|Warranty(on Kayak Body)||1 Year|
|Warranty (on Kayak Parts)||3 Month|
How do I secure the seat to the kayak?
Here is a video outline the installation process for the seat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-CUiqlyAVM&feature=youtu.be
Does the Pro Puffin come with a seat?
Yes, the Pro Puffin comes with a Kids soft seat as standard.
How do I install a fishfinder on the Pro Puffin kayak?
A Track Rail system first needs to be installed onto the kayak.
They can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/side-tracks
Please note that any drilling or screwing directly into the kayaks hull will void the warranty.
The warranty information can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/side-tracks
What are the main advantages of the Pro Puffin?
- It is only 1.8 metres long and weighs only 9Kg.
- It has a one year warranty on the hull of the kayak.
- It can fit a swivel rod holder.
- It Pro Puffin has a water-resistant storage hatch.
- It can easily fit into most cars.
What is the weight limit of the Pro Puffin?
The Pro Puffin has a max user weight of 40Kg and a max weight capacity of 50Kg
What is the difference between max weight capacity and max user weight?
Max user weight refers to the person's weight when using the kayak.
Max weight capacity refers to the total weight of the user and gear distributed along the whole kayak.
Can the Pro Puffin be stacked?
Yes, the Pro Puffin can be stacked on roof racks. We recommend travelling with them stacked upside down.
How wide are the scupper holes in the Pro Puffin?
The scupper holes are between 35-40mm wide. The scupper holes add rigidity to the structure of the kayak and also allow drainage for water on the deck.
Can the Pro Puffin fit a rudder?
No, the Pro Puffin cannot be fitted with a rudder.
Can I fit a cooler box into the back of a Pro Puffin?
Yes, you can fit the 12L cooler box into the back storage.
The 12L cooler box can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/Orca-ChillMax-12L-Cooler-Box-Grey-Pick-Up
Is the swivel rod holder removable?
Yes, It easily comes out when the locking groove on the rod holder is lined up with the notch in the base.
Are the hatches on the Pro Puffin waterproof?
The hatches are water-resistant and can handle a splash but not being covered by water and/or submerged.
What size cover do I need for the Pro Puffin?
A 2.2m cover is best for the Pro Puffin. The cover can be found here: https://www.kayaks2fish.com/2.2M-Kayak-Storage-Cover-Silver-Pickup
What do HDPE, LDPE and LLDPE stand for?
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) is softer and more flexible than HDPE. It also has a lower melting point (115° C) and is more transparent. Compared to HDPE, it is more likely to crack under stress.
- Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) is a copolymer of ethylene and another longer olefin, which is incorporated to improve properties such as tensile strength or resistance to harsh environments.
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE) is rigid and durable and offers greater chemical resistance. Its higher melting point (135° C) allows it to withstand higher temperatures than LDPE. Its more crystalline structure also results in greater strength. It also has greater opacity which results in greater vibrancy and longer-lasting colour.