A popular, lightweight kayak that is perfect for both recreational and fishing use in rivers, streams and lakes, the Osprey Kayak is the best value kayak of the Kayaks2Fish range.
At 2.7m in length and with a hull weight of 19kgs, the Osprey Kayak is perfect for solo use and is easily transported and carried. Made from durable high-density polyethylene (HDPE) imported from the UK, the Osprey is suited to the harsh Australian conditions of hot summers and cold winters, ensuring the kayak is suitable for use, year-round.
With features including, a luxury padded seat to keep you comfortable for a full day on the water, in addition to 360-degree rod holders, lightweight paddle with 1m long paddle leash, several storage compartments including a compartment with dry bag, drain holes and plugs as well as durable handles for easy transportation, the Osprey is perfect for both beginners and more experienced paddlers.
Additionally, the Osprey Kayak comes with a 3-year warranty on the hull, so you can rest easy knowing you are purchasing a superior quality product, designed, and built to last!
Available in a range of attractive colours and patterns, suited to any and all tastes, and with a variety of optional extras available including sunshades, covers, trolleys and a trolling motor, the Osprey Kayak will ensure hours of fun on the water.
With over 10 years of industry experience, designing and producing some of the highest quality kayaks on the Australian market, the Kayaks2Fish team are proud to offer a quality range of kayaks suited to all ages and abilities. Whether you are looking to tackle the rough and tumble rapids or explore a quiet lake searching for the best fishing spots, our kayaks are your perfect exploration partner.
A list of the full Kayaks2Fish Osprey Kayak range is available below.
- 1x Osprey Fishing kayak
- 1x Luxury Padded Seat
- 1x Lightweight Floatable Paddle
- 1x 360° Adjustable Rod Holder
- 4x Built-in Rod Holders
- 2x 9' Storage Hatch
- 1x 1m Paddle Leash
- Made from Premium Virgin (not Recycled) Roto Moulded UV Resistant High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) from the UK, quality product which is built to last. HDPE is far superior in strength and durability than LLDPE.
- Made from UV8 Stabilized plastic, perfect for Australian conditions. UV8 means protection for a total of 8000 hours. Given 6-8 hours of UV exposure a day, the Kayak colour and strength will last for 1000 days approximately. That’s equivalent to 3 years of use every single day. Please note the UV index varies based on the location.
- Aquadynamic shape with a V-shaped hull underneath, both in front and back, to ensure kayak tracks straight and move faster with less effort.
- Ideal for both recreational and fishing purposes. Kayak is best suited for lakes, rivers, dams, estuaries and harbours. With these Kayaks, you can go where bigger boats can't such as kelp beds, reefs, mangrove shallows, coast cliff lines.
- Luxury Seat which is reinforced to provide superior back support also comes with a bonus storage bag attached at the back.
- 9 Inch water-resistant storage hatches with a removable protective bag to keep valuables safe.
- Specially designed groove with brass bolt inserts, at the rear storage area, to easily install the motor bar and trolling motor.
- One meter long paddle leash so you’re not up the creek without a paddle
- Large footrest area designed to greater control and comfort.
- Large storage at the back of kayak along with Bungee cord for securing larger items.
- Six scupper holes with drain plugs around the body of Kayak for easy drainage if needed.
- Includes lightweight two-piece paddle (easy to store). It floats if dropped in water and can also be adjusted in three offset angles.
- Kayaks come wrapped in bubble wrap and a plastic sheet to protect it during transport.
- Kayaks are stackable, making it easier to transport two-three kayaks at a time.
- Can be used by children as young as 8 years of age (under supervision).
- Lightweight Kayak with weight just over 20Kgs, easier to handle by just one person.
- Four built-in and one 360º Swivel rod holder, plenty for even the most passionate fisherman.
- Load capacity of 150Kgs; a result of better design and use of a premium material.
- Extra D-shackles to add accessories such as anchors.
- Carry handles on each side with paddle holding straps.
- Carry handles on the front and back for easy carriage while using a trolley.
- Built-in bottle holders.
Why Buy From Us:
For 10 years, Kayaks2Fish has focused on one thing — allowing paddlers of any skill level to enjoy the thrill that comes from being surrounded by water and nature. The passion for kayaking, fishing and outdoors is what flows in our blood and we are passionate about bringing the products that are as good as, if not better, than the big brand stores at a price that doesn't break the bank.
- 10 years of industry experience
- Best value kayaks in Australia
- Parts and after-sales support
- 30 Days money back guarantee
- Same day collection
- Thousands of happy customers
- Hundreds of positive reviews online
- Brand: Kayaks2Fish
- Model: Osprey 9
- Material: HDPE
- Max Weight Capacity: 150 KG
- Max User Weight: 110 KG
- Hull Weight: 19 KG
- Hull + Fixtures Weight: 22 KG
- Length: 270 CM
- Width: 82 CM
- Height: 35 CM
- Warranty on Kayak Hull: 3 Year
- Warranty on Kayak Parts: 3 Months
- Kayaks colours may vary slightly than depicted in images due to hand mixing of colours.
- There may be slight differences in the design of the kayaks, as multiple moulds are used. These differences are minor and will not affect the performance or features of the kayak.
- The kayak weights are just approximate and can slightly vary.
- During the shipping process some kayaks may get compressed. This can be easily fixed by placing the kayak in the sun which will cause the plastic to expand to its original size.
- Due to the bulky nature of the product, there could be some scratches on the kayak when it is shipped to an address as it gets moved around in trucks and goes through various depots. These scratches are cosmetic only and won't impact the performance of the kayak.
- Always check local weather conditions and wear an approved life jacket when kayaking.
- Check your state/local Marine (boat) license requirement to operate canoe/kayak with a trolling motor prior to purchasing.
- The hatches featured on Kayaks2Fish kayaks are water-resistant not waterproof. Constant splashing or rain can cause the water to slowly come into the kayak.
- Any damage caused by the incorrect use of a kayak trolley is not covered under the manufacturer's warranty.
|Max Weight Capacity||150KG|
|Max User Weight||110KG|
|Hull + Fixtures Weight||22kg|
|Warranty(on Kayak Body)||3 Year|
|Warranty (on Kayak Parts)||3 Month|
How do I secure the seat to the kayak?
Here is a video outline of the installation process for the seat: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdh
Does the Osprey kayak come with a seat?
Yes, the Osprey kayak comes with the luxury soft seat as standard.
I have recently purchased an Osprey kayak and was wondering if an aluminium seat could be fitted?
Yes, The Vantage Aluminium seat can be fitted to the Osprey. However, The seat will block the centre hatch making it unable to open while the seat is installed.
They can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdz
How do I install a fish finder on the Osprey kayak?
A Track Rail system first needs to be installed onto the kayak.
They can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdj
Please note that any drilling or screwing directly into the kayak's hull will void the warranty.
The warranty information can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdl
A Deployment arm can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdG
The Railblaza base can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdH
What are the main advantages of the Osprey kayak?
- It is the best value adult kayak we offer.
- Luxury soft seat as standard.
- 2.7 metres long and only weighs 19Kg.
- Three-year warranty on the hull.
- Made from HDPE which is lightweight and durable.
- Two raised water resistant hatches.
- Built in foot braces to help with controlling the kayak while paddling.
- 4 built in rod holders, with an additional swivel rod holder
- 6 scupper holes to allow easy draining of water on the deck of the kayak
- Bungee cord on the back storage area to keep items strapped down.
What is the weight limit of the kayak?
The Osprey has a max user weight of 110Kg and a max weight capacity of 150Kg.
What is the difference between max weight capacity and max user weight?
Max user weight refers to the person's weight when using the kayak.
Max weight capacity refers to the total weight of the user and gear distributed along the whole kayak.
Can the Ospreys be stacked on a roof rack?
Yes, the Ospreys can be stacked onto a roof rack.
We recommend that they are stacked upside down.
Can the Osprey fit a MaxDrive™?
No, the Osprey cannot fit a MaxDrive™ pedal system
The kayaks that can fit a MaxDrive™ can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdB
Can you stand up in an Osprey?
The Osprey does not have a stand-up area for your feet. However, the NextGen series has a dedicated stand up area for extra balance.
How wide are the scupper holes in the Osprey?
The Scupper holes in the Osprey are between 35-40 mm wide. The scupper holes add rigidity to the structure of the kayak and also allow drainage for water on the deck.
What motor is recommended for the osprey kayak?
We recommend a 24lb thrust motor.
They can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdm
The mounting kit can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdn
Can the Osprey fit a rudder?
No, the Osprey cannot easily fit a rudder.
Can I fit a cooler box into the Osprey?
Yes, you can fit both the 12L cooler and the soft cooler box into the back of the Osprey.
The 12L cooler can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdp
The Soft cooler box can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdq
Can I bring a child with me onboard?
The Osprey does not have a dedicated area for a child to sit.
The NextGen1+1 is designed for an adult and a child to be on board together.
It can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdD
What is the difference between the Osprey and the NextGen 9?
- The NextGen 9 is 10cm longer.
- The NextGen 9 is 3cm wider.
- The seat in the NextGen 9 is raised off the deck of the kayak and will allow the user to not get a wet butt.
- Five years of warranty on the hull of the NextGen 9 vs three years for the Osprey.
- The NextGen 9 is upgradable as it can fit a track rail system and a rudder
- The Track Rail system can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cds
- The Rudder system can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdt
- The NextGen 9 comes with a tackle box that fits into the centre hatch as a part of the kayak package.
- The NextGen 9 is much easier to stand up in as it has a dedicated stand-up area that is purposely designed to provide increased balance when standing and can fit traction pads.
- Traction Pads for the NextGen 9 can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdv
Is the swivel rod holder removable?
Yes, It easily comes out when the locking groove on the rod holder is lined up with the notch in the base.
Are the hatches on the Osprey waterproof?
The hatches are water-resistant and can handle a splash but not being covered by water and/or submerged.
What size cover do I need for the Osprey?
A 3m cover is best for the Osprey. The cover can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cdx
What do HDPE, LDPE and LLDPE stand for?
Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) is softer and more flexible than HDPE. It also has a lower melting point (115° C) and is more transparent. Compared to HDPE, it is more likely to crack under stress.
Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) is a copolymer of ethylene and another longer olefin, which is incorporated to improve properties such as tensile strength or resistance to harsh environments.
High-density polyethylene (HDPE) is rigid and durable and offers greater chemical resistance. Its higher melting point (135° C) allows it to withstand higher temperatures than LDPE. Its more crystalline structure also results in greater strength. It also has greater opacity which results in greater vibrancy and longer-lasting colour.