NEXTGEN 7 Fishing Kayak Package - Blue Camo [Melbourne]
Notify me when this item is available to order
Select pickup location to proceed
Kayak’s unique design allows for several accessories to be installed with ease.
- Foot Traction Pad - For better Grip While Fishing Standing Up
- Track Rails - To install Various Accessories such as GoPro, Fish Finder etc
- Sun Shade - To protect from UV exposure
- Kayak Cover - To protect from dust & crawlies
*Items listed above are sold separately.
Why Buy From Us:
For 10 years, Kayaks2Fish has focused on one thing — allowing paddlers of any skill level to enjoy the thrill that comes from being surrounded by water and nature. The passion for kayaking, fishing and outdoors is what flows in our blood and we are passionate about bringing the products that are as good as, if not better, than the big brand stores at a price that doesn't break the bank.
- Kayaks colours may vary slightly than depicted in images due to hand mixing of colours.
- There may be slight differences in the design of the kayaks, as multiple moulds are used. These differences are minor and will not affect the performance or features of the kayak.
- The kayak weights are just approximate and can slightly vary.
- During the shipping process some kayaks may get compressed. This can be easily fixed by placing the kayak in the sun which will cause the plastic to expand to its original size.
- Due to the bulky nature of the product, there could be some scratches on the kayak when it is shipped to an address as it gets moved around in trucks and goes through various depots. These scratches are cosmetic only and won't impact the performance of the kayak.
- Always check local weather conditions and wear an approved life jacket when kayaking.
- Check your state/local Marine (boat) license requirement to operate canoe/kayak with a trolling motor prior to purchasing.
|Max Weight Capacity||90KG|
|Max User Weight||70KG|
|Hull + Fixtures Weight||18.5kg|
|Warranty(on Kayak Body)||3 Year|
|Warranty (on Kayak Parts)||3 Month|
Does the NextGen 7 come with a seat?
Yes, the NextGen 7 comes with an integrated backrest with a soft cushion that connects to the deck of the kayak.
Is the NextGen 7 compatible with a fish-finder?
Yes, the NextGen 7 can fit a track rail system that can support a fish finder mount and a transducer arm.
A Deployment arm can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgt
The Track Rail system can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgv
An alternative Railblaza deployment arm can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgx
The Railblaza base can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgz
What are the main advantages of the NextGen 7?
- 2.2 metres long and weighs only 15Kg.
- Three-year warranty on the hull.
- Upgradable as it can fit two track rails.
- Which can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgv
- It is much easier to stand up in as it has a dedicated stand-up area that is purposely designed to provide increased balance when standing and can fit the traction pads.
- The traction pads can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgB
- Can fit easily in vans and some 4wds.
- Comfortable seat with great back support.
- Pre-installed rail in front of seat.
- Water resistant 8-inch front hatch.
What is the weight limit of the NextGen 7?
The NextGen 7 has a max user weight of 70Kg and a max weight capacity of 90Kg
What is the difference between max weight capacity and max user weight?
Max user weight refers to the person's weight when using the kayak.
Max weight capacity refers to the total weight of the user and gear distributed along the whole kayak.
Can the NextGen 7 be stacked?
Yes, the NextGen 7 can be stacked on roof racks. We recommend travelling with them stacked upside down.
Can the NextGen 7 fit a MaxDrive™ pedal system?
No, the NextGen 7 cannot fit a MaxDrive™.
The kayaks that can fit a MaxDrive™ can be found here:https://k2f.com.au/s/cgF
Can you stand up in the NextGen 7?
The NextGen 7 is much easier to stand up in as it has a dedicated stand-up area that is purposely designed to provide increased balance when standing and can fit the traction pads
The traction pads can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgB
How wide are the scupper holes in the NextGen 7?
The scupper holes are between 35-40mm wide. The scupper holes add rigidity to the structure of the kayak and also allow drainage for water on the deck.
Can the NextGen 7 fit a rudder?
No, the NextGen 7 cannot easily be fitted with a rudder.
Can I fit a cooler box into the back of a NextGen 7?
Yes, you can fit the 12L cooler box into the back storage.
The 12L cooler box can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgC
Can I bring a child with me onboard?
The NextGen 7 does not have a dedicated area for a child to sit.
The NextGen1+1 is designed for an adult and a child to be on board together.
The NextGen 1+1 can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgG
Is the swivel rod holder removable?
Yes, It easily comes out when the locking groove on the rod holder is lined up with the notch in the base.
Are the hatches on the NextGen 7 waterproof?
The hatches are water-resistant and can handle a splash but not being covered by water and/or submerged.
What size cover do I need for the NextGen 7?
A 2.2m cover is best for the NextGen 7. The cover can be found here: https://k2f.com.au/s/cgD
What do HDPE, LDPE and LLDPE stand for?
- Low-density polyethylene (LDPE) is softer and more flexible than HDPE. It also has a lower melting point (115° C) and is more transparent. Compared to HDPE, it is more likely to crack under stress.
- Linear low-density polyethylene (LLDPE) is a copolymer of ethylene and another longer olefin, which is incorporated to improve properties such as tensile strength or resistance to harsh environments.
- High-density polyethylene (HDPE) is rigid and durable and offers greater chemical resistance. Its higher melting point (135° C) allows it to withstand higher temperatures than LDPE. Its more crystalline structure also results in greater strength. It also has greater opacity which results in greater vibrancy and longer-lasting colour.